One of the main cause of issues in S4B/Lync implementations is firewall configurations. When you have access to firewall directly or through your direct report, everything is easier but if there is a third party in between, that can introduce problems.
Many times I’ve received “All done as requested” as an answer but after some tests/verifications I found that firewall was still blocking communications.
To help in these type of tests, I’ve modified the default config.xml file of the PortQryUI tool to test/check S4B/Lync and related services.
These are all the services/ports that can be tested with it.
- Front End Pool
- Back End Pool
- Internal Edge Pool
- External Edge Access
- External Edge Conferencing
- External Edge A/V
- Networking (DNS, DHCP)
- Domains and Trusts
- WAC Server
- Exchange Server
These are the articles I used as a reference:
All you have to do is replace/rename the config.xml file in the PortQryUI folder with this one and you’re done.
This is how it will look like:
I’ll keep you posted!